Terms and Conditions
“Account Holder” means a person creating and holding an account in the meaning of section 3 below.
“User” or “Users” means any user of the Platform, whether it be the Account Holder, or an Entity within the meaning defined below, or anyone using the Platform or any part thereof, be it a person, company, entity, etc.
“Entity” or “Entities” shall mean any company, local non-governmental organization, association, non-profit, or educational institution that is seeking to raise funds on the Platform.
The “Platform” or Sustain Lebanon is a digitalized fundraising platform, owned by BEMO, whose object is to match donors financing capacity to meet Entities needs to finance sustainable development projects, that are human centric and address residents’ necessities in multiple sectors such as: educational, health, environmental, food and housing security, human rights and others. Users who decide to contribute funds to an Entity can select an Entity or multiple Entities and donate a certain sum directly to said Entity or Entities on the Platform through a card payment or bank transfer.
“Funding Request” means an event, project, campaign of funding, cause, or activity for which an Entity is seeking a specific funding.
“Cause / Project” means a sector of activity where certain Entities listed on the Platform are active. Within this Cause, Projects are devised out.
“Donor” means any User or Account Holder that supports an Entity by financially contributing to said Entity through the Platform.
“Donation” means a financial contribution made by a Donor to an Entity.
“Pool Account” means the dedicated bank account managed by Sustain Lebanon where all the Donations are received prior to being distributed to the different Entities that have received Donations on the Platform.
“Refund” means the return of the Donation to the Donor upon the Donor’s request.
“Refund Amount” means the amount that will be credited to the Donor as part of the Refund.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions.
- Right to Change Terms. Sustain Lebanon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change these Terms ("Updated Terms") from time to time.
- Notice of Updated Terms. Unless Sustain Lebanon makes a change for legal or administrative reasons, Sustain Lebanon will provide reasonable advance notice before the Updated Terms become effective. You agree that Sustain Lebanon may notify you of the Updated Terms by posting them on the Platform.
- Acceptance of Updated Terms. Your use of the Platform after the effective date of the Updated Terms constitutes your agreement to the Updated Terms. You should review these Terms and any Updated Terms before using the Platform.
- Effective Date of Updated Terms. The Updated Terms will be effective as of the time of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the Updated Terms, and will apply to your use of the Platform from that point forward.
- Your Account.
- Account Creation. You must complete the registration process by providing Sustain Lebanon with current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and an email address.
- Responsibility for Account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Sustain Lebanon immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- Liability for Account Misuse. Sustain Lebanon will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You could be held liable for losses incurred by Sustain Lebanon or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
- Use of Other Accounts. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the Account Holder.
Closure of the Account. You may close your account at any time by requesting to do so in your Account section of the Platform or by contacting Sustain Lebanon email: [email protected]
- Sustain Lebanon may, at any time without notice in our sole discretion, withdraw your account and suspend, restrict or withdraw your access to the Platform, including if we cease the operation of the Platform, or if we believe that your account has been used by someone else or if in our opinion, you are abusing the use of the Platform or if you fail to comply with one or more terms of these Terms.
- Account Security. Sustain Lebanon cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, Sustain Lebanon cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the Platform’s security measures or use any personal information you provide to us for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- License. During the term of this agreement, Sustain Lebanon grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Platform for your personal and non-commercial use in accordance with the Terms.
- Listing of Entities and Causes / Projects.
- You will find listed on the Platform the different Entities seeking funding.
- You may seek for a Donation opportunity either by:
- searching the name of the Entity directly on the Platform, or
- searching for a Cause / Project that is of interest to you. Once you select the Cause / Project where you wish to contribute, you will find listed under the Cause /Project the different Entities that are active in this sector. You will then be able to select one of these Entities to make a Donation to it.
- The Donation Process.
- Selecting the Entity. After searching for the Donation opportunity that is of interest to you, you may select the Entity to which you seek to make a Donation.
- Completing the Mandatory and Optional Fields. You will then have to provide Sustain Lebanon with a valid email address. You may also choose to create an account on the Platform by providing your name, date of birth, phone number, country of residence, region of residence, gender, and job title.
- Donation Amount. You will be asked to select the currency and the amount of payment. The Pool Account currencies currently available are Lebanese Pounds (“LBP”) and United States (fresh) Dollars (“USD”). You may still settle the Donation from a card or an account that is not in one of these two currencies, but the Donation amount will be converted into USD in the Pool Account.
- Ad hoc or Recurrent Donation. After completing the above fields, you will be asked whether you wish to make your Donation on an ad hoc basis (one time only), or on a recurrent (every month) basis. Should you elect to make a recurrent donation, you will be asked to select the period of time during which you wish to keep making this monthly Donation.
- Final Entries. You will finally be asked whether you wish your Donation to be listed as an Anonymous donation, or if you wish to have your name shared with the Entity that will receive your Donation. If you do not select that you wish to remain anonymous, your email will be shared with the Entity receiving your Donation.
You will also be asked whether you wish to subscribe to the Entity’s newsletter. Should you do so, your email will also be shared with said Entity to allow them to send you their newsletter.
After completing the above information, you may confirm the payment of your Donation.
- Method of Payment.
- For Donations under USD /3000/ (Three thousand U.S. Dollars) per month, you will be redirected to an online payment gateway where you may proceed with the settlement of the Donation.
- For Donations exceeding an amount of USD /3000/ (Three thousand U.S. Dollars) per transaction, and in accordance with the applicable Lebanese banking regulations, you may wire this Donation through a normal banking transfer or split the donation into many payments to be able to process it through the platform.
- Receipt. After completion of the Donation, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your Donation to the Pool Account, the name of the Entity receiving your Donation, the currency of payment, and the Donation amount.
- The Settlement to Entities’ Process. The funds donated by the Donors on the Platform will be deposited in the Pool Account. Sustain Lebanon will process the funds 24 hours after receiving the funds to the respective Entities accounts. The Pool Account on the 27th of said month to the respective Entities.
- Cancelling a Donation.
For a period of 24 hours after the donation date, the Donor may request from Sustain Lebanon to cancel the Donation that he/she made and to request the refund of the Donation amount.
- Transparency. Sustain Lebanon is engaged towards transparency. As such, Sustain Lebanon will publish the Entities’ Newsletters, when available, on the Platform.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The design, trademarks, service marks, and logos of the Platform ("Marks"), and the content displayed on the Platform (the “Content”) are owned by or licensed to Sustain Lebanon, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under Lebanese and foreign laws and international conventions. Sustain Lebanon reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Platform except for the name, logo(s), and trademarks owned by the Entities that remain the latter property. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Platform other than expressly permitted.
- User Conduct. You may not engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Platform in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated "scraping";
- using any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., to access the Platform;
- transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security of, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Platform;
- taking any action that imposes or may impose, at our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Platform infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Platform;
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Platform;
- using the Platform for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- interfering with the proper working of the Platform;
- accessing any content on the Platform through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Platform; or
- bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Platform, including without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Platform or the content.
- User Content.
- Content Ownership. You retain all ownership rights to content that you uploaded to the Platform.
- Content License. By submitting content to the Platform, you grant Sustain Lebanon a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the content in connection with the Platform and Sustain Lebanon’s (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Platform (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- Third Party Content. Through the Platform, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by third parties, including by the Entity. Sustain Lebanon cannot guarantee that such third party content will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise. Sustain Lebanon disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of any third party content.
- Links to other Websites.
- Links. The Platform may contain links to third-party websites or resources, including the Entities’. You acknowledge and agree that Sustain Lebanon is not responsible or liable for:
- the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
- the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
- No Endorsement. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Sustain Lebanon of those websites or resources.
- Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
- Copyright Policy. Sustain Lebanon respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Platform to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Newsletters. Some Entities may provide newsletters, resources, content, and other marketing material on the Platform (the "Newsletters"). Sustain Lebanon is not the author of these Newsletters and does not endorse nor is responsible for the content of these Newsletters. You acknowledge and agree that Sustain Lebanon is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such Newsletters; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such Newsletters.
- Suspension and Termination of Access.
- Sustain Lebanon may suspend or terminate your access to the Platform immediately without prior notice and without further obligation or liability to you if, in Sustain Lebanon’s sole discretion, it determines that you have breached or failed to comply with any provision(s) of the Terms. Sustain Lebanon may also suspend your access to the Platform or terminate the Terms at any time without written notice to you for any reason whatsoever.
- If the Terms are terminated for any reason, you are still bound by the Terms as set out herein. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the disclaimers, limitations on liability, termination, interpretative provisions, and your warranties and indemnities shall survive any termination of the Terms.
- Sustain Lebanon has no liability of any kind or any nature whatsoever to you solely by reason of any change, modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Platform in accordance with the Terms. You agree that you shall not make any claim against Sustain Lebanon, including with respect to any lost revenue, profits or opportunities as a result of such change, modification, suspension or discontinuance or on account of any expenditures made or actions taken in reliance on the expected continuation of the Platform or the Terms.
- Sustain Lebanon shall not be required to refund to you any amounts prepaid, if any, for use of the Platform if you deleted your account or Sustain Lebanon terminated your account or your use of, or access to, the Platform for breach of the Terms. If Sustain Lebanon terminated your access to the Platform without breach on your part, any fees or charges paid by you in advance, if any, shall be refunded on a pro rata basis by applying a credit to your registered credit card, or if that is not possible for any reason, by way of a bank transfer using bank details that you have provided to us.
- Disclaimers. The Platform is provided "as is," without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Sustain Lebanon disclaims all such warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy, freedom from errors, suitability of content, or availability.
- Limitation on Liability.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Platform is an online fundraising platform for Entities, or organizations seeking to raise funds for their own campaigns, projects and causes. Sustain Lebanon merely provides a technology platform to allow fundraisers to connect with Donors. The causes, projects, campaigns, activities, and events run by the Entities are the sole responsibility of said Entities. The allocation of funding by the Donor to an Entity consists in a donation agreement between the Donor and said Entity. Consequently, Sustain Lebanon is not and will not be considered a party to the donation agreement between the Donor and the Entity, and shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation or connection thereto.
- Neither party will be liable for breach-of-contract damages that are remote or speculative, or that the breaching party could not reasonably have foreseen on entry into this agreement.
- Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sustain Lebanon and its collaborators, suppliers and licensors, and their officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest, and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with
- your use of the Platform;
- your breach of this agreement;
- violation of law;
- your submission, posting, or transmission of user content to the Platform; or
- violation of the rights of a third party.
- Dispute Resolution.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. The parties shall cooperate to attempt to informally resolve any dispute arising out of this agreement before submitting the dispute to the competent courts.
- Competent Court. In the event of failure of such negotiations, the courts of Beirut, Lebanon, shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- Feedback. We welcome any comment, question, and communication at: [email protected].
- General Provisions.
- Governing Law. This agreement and these Terms will be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of Lebanon without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
- Assignment. You may not assign this agreement and/or these Terms and/or any of your rights or obligations under this agreement and/or these Terms to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign the rights and obligations under this agreement and/or these Terms to any other entity.
- Method of Notice. The parties will give all notices and communications between the parties in writing by (i) personal delivery, (ii) a nationally recognized, next-day courier service, (iii) first-class registered or certified mail, or postage prepaid, or (iv) email to the address that a party has notified to be that party's address for the purposes of this section.
- Receipt of Notice. A notice given under this agreement will be effective on:
- the other party's receipt of it, or
- if mailed, the earlier of the other party's receipt of it and the fifth business day after mailing it.
- Affirmative Waivers. Neither party's failure nor neglect to enforce any rights under this agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of that party's rights.
- Written Waivers. A waiver or extension is only effective if it is in writing and signed by the party granting it.
- No General Waivers. A party's failure or neglect to enforce any of its rights under this agreement will not be deemed to be a waiver of that or any other of its rights.
- No Course of Dealing. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy will preclude any other or further exercise of any right or remedy.
- Severability. If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.